This is the first in a series of stories that highlight favorite products of our Fashion Forum members. My question to them was: What are the five things you cannot live without? Those five things you always take with you when you travel. Those five things you recommend to your best friends, and only your best friends because you’re afraid the store will run out if you blast it to everyone. Those five things you sometimes buy three of, just in case they are discontinued.
Here’s what Melissa White had to say:
1. Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage (which is also on my personal list): The best concealer hands down! (Neiman Marcus)
2. MAC Jist lipstick: I layer it on top of red and pink shades for a touch of gold. (MAC Ala Moana)
3. Aveda Balancing Infusion Acne Treatment: I mix this essential oil and salicylic acid-based tincture with my moisturizer every night and my skin looks great in the morning! (Aveda Ala Moana)
4. Lush Brazened Honey face mask: Instantly tightens pores and leaves my face feeling detoxified. (Lush Waikiki)
5. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-in Conditioner: Great smelling and light enough for fine hair. (Bobbi and Guy Beauty Outlet)
Those are Melissa’s faves. What are yours?
BTW, don’t forget that Melissa and Toby Portner, co-founders of Hifi (Hawaii Fashion Incubator) are celebrating the opening of the Hifi Pop-Up Incubator in Ala Moana Center this Friday. It will kick off at 6:30 p.m. with a fashion-oriented Pecha Kucha presentation. I am one of the participating artists and I’d love to see you there. I’ll be showing my fashion monoprints, textile art and acrylic paintings…and even a few of the swing coats I designed, Come see!
The Pop-Up is located on the street level, makai side, between Old Navy and Sam Goody. See you there!
– Paula Rath