If you haven’t been to Drift boutique in Kaimuki for a while, it’s well worth popping in. The owners, Laura Ivy and Alessandra Klein, are constantly scouting for new, local, eco-friendly designers, as well as editing all their offerings. For example, they discovered that although their yoga line from Brazil is super-cute, it’s also super-small, so they’re discontinuing it. Does anyone out there have a line of yoga clothes for them?
What I found there on my most recent visit:
- Shoulder and clutch bags by Sierra Dew
- Vers Hawaii clothing
- MachineMachine long dresses
- La’akea Jewelry by Brande Kahalewai
- Imaginative Pompants baby clothes made from recycled sweaters
- Kaimuki-made soy candles in lovely Buddha and lotus motifs
- Indigenous soaps in all their yummy fragrances
- I (heart) Kaimuki hand screened totes
And of course Alessandra was there working hard on her latest line of ocean-inspired jewelry. She uses a lot of imagination when she puts her pieces together. The result is an eclectic mix of beachy hippie chic with a little edge.
Find Drift at 3434 Waialae Avenue, on the mauka side of the street. You’ll be glad you did.
– Paula Rath